1. Tattoo Guide: Brief History Of Tattooing
Tattoo History – 1984 Tattoo and Piercing Studio – Tattoo Hanoi
As of you may have already know, tattoos are created by inserting colored materials beneath the skins surface. The first tattoo was probably created by accident. Some caveman had a small wound on his skin, he stained the wound with soot from his bonfire. When the wound had healed, the stain stayed permanently and the world’s first tattoo was born. Researchers believe the English word TATTOO came from the tahitian word ‘tatau’ which means ‘to mark something’. Till date the oldest tattoo found is more than 5000 years old, in 1991, the frozen body of the 5300 year old “ Tyrolean Iceman” was discovered in the mountains near the Italian-Austrian border. The Iceman had a total of 58 tattoos.
Samuel O’Reilly of USA invented the Rotary Tattoo Machine in 1891 but these days most tattoo artist have switched to using Electromagnetic Coil Tattoo machines to tattoo their customers..
Some famous Traditional Tattoo Cultures (Hand Tapping Method) are :
Japan – Japanese tattooing is found as early as 297 AD in Chinese dynastic historic records. The Japanese were interested in the art mostly for its decorative attributes. Today the Japanese tattoo artists are the undisputed masters creating the classic Japanese tattoo full body suit “Irezumi” using their traditional hand tapping method.
Hawaii USA – The Hawaiians have their traditional tattoo art known as ‘Kakau’. The Kakau is used to guard the wearers health and spiritual well-being.intricate patterns, mimicking woven reeds or other natural forms, graced men’s arms, legs, torso and face.
New Zealand – The Maori people of New Zealand also have their traditional tattoo art called ‘Moko’. The Moko was a mark of distinction, which communicated their status, lines of descent and tribal affiliations. It symbolized the wearer’s exploits in war and other great events of their life.
Sarawak Malaysia – The Iban tribe people of Sarawak Malaysia have their traditional tattoo art known as ‘Iban Tattoo’ or ‘Borneo Tattoo’. This tattoos symbolized the wearer belonged to or the status the wearer enjoyed within the community, as a general rule, both men and women could adorn their bodies with artistic and, more often than not, symbolic designs. In the past, a Iban man without tattoos was considered sissy and cowardly.
2. Tattoo Guide: Modern Day Tattooing
Most Tattoo Artists in Singapore are using the Electromagnetic Coil Tattoo machines similar to the attached photo to tattoo their customers. These Tattoo machines work by puncturing needles into the skin at a very fast rate. The Tattoo machine pushes the needles which hold ink in and out of the skin at a rate of up to 3,000 times per minute, the tattoo needles then inserts a small drop of ink about 1mm – 2.5mm below the surface of the skin each time leaving a permanent mark. Tattooing with a tattoo machine is known in the Tattoo Industry as ‘Electric Tattooing’.
Tattoo machine – 1984 Tattoo and Piercing Studio – Tattoo Hanoi
3. Tattoo Guide: Pros & Cons Of Tattoos
How to select good tattoo shop – 1984 Tattoo and Piercing Studio – Tattoo Hanoi
Pros of having Tattoos. Tattoos now are more common than ever, in North America 1 in every 7 person are tattooed and in Singapore it is known in the Tattoo industry that almost 20% of the population are tattooed. Tattoos give people a chance to stand out from the crowd and broadcast who they really are. Men and women alike have tattoos, some even covering their entire body. Many people who get tattoos get them for the symbolic meaning to remind them of certain point in their life.
Cons of having Tattoos. It is pretty straight forward. Tattoos work by piercing the skin with a needle and injecting tattoo ink. With that being said the risk of infection when getting a tattoo is always there. If the tattoo artist isn’t sanitary and doesn’t clean his equipment after every use, the risk of infection will be much higher. So Anybody getting a tattoo must do it in Good Tattoo Shops / Studios that have the highest standard of Hygiene, Service, Skills & Reputation. If later in life you don’t want the tattoo, you’ll have to pay an expensive price to have it surgically removed. Surgery carries risks and complications as well.
No matter how you look at it, there will always be both pros and cons with tattoos. Before you decide to get a tattoo, you should make sure that the design you have picked out is something that you will love for the rest of your life and you will never regret tattooing it. If there is any doubt in your mind about the tattoo, you shouldn’t get it. Even though it may seem cool at the time – the price for removal and the complications with surgery is certainly not worth it.
4. Tattoo Guide: How to Select Good Tattoo Studios & Designs
How to select good tattoo shop – 1984 Tattoo and Piercing Studio – Tattoo Hanoi
Too many times people end up regretting the tattoo they got. Most of the time, this is because they failed to choose a Good Tattoo Shop / Studio or they didn’t take the time to think about what tattoo designs they were getting.
Here is a few ways how people screwed up in their tattoos
(1) Trying to save money on Tattooing Most people with ugly tattoos had chosen the cheapest tattoo shop / studio or tattoo artists to tattoo for them. But they never wonder why their tattoo is that cheap before jumping in to get their tattoos done. Let’s put it this way, if you are a University Graduated, are you willing to work a job that pay 5 dollars a hour ??? The fact is cheap tattoo artists are either not qualified, lack of artistic talents, using substandard tattooing equipment, new to tattooing or trying to earn a living by producing large quantity of low quality tattoos at the shortest amount of time..
If you want a nice tattoo be prepared to pay more for a Good Tattoo Artist.. The rule of the thumb is in Singapore a Good Tattoo Artist will cost at least 100 dollar per hour of tattooing..
(2) Lazy to do research on the Tattoos Shops / Studios available. Many first-timers will get tattooed in the Tattoos Shops / Studios nearest to them, only to be informed by their peers days later they have been tattooed by the worst tattoo artist in the country.. A tattoo is unlike any other stuff you buy as it will be stuck onto you permanently even when you hate it..
If you want Good Tattoo Artists to tattoo you, you have to put it extra effort to look for them. Ask around for the Best Tattoo Shops / Studios in town, search online for examples of the Tattoo Artist’s actual works or visit a few Tattoo Shops / Studios before deciding on the one you should tattooed in..
There are 4 main factors in finding a Good Tattoo Shops / Studios : Hygiene, Service, Reputation & Skills.
The level of hygiene in the tattoo studio and the habits of the artists are the most important aspects of getting a tattoo. During tattooing brand new tattoo needles and ink caps must be used.
The Service level of the Tattoo Studio is important too. If the artists in the Tattoo Studio are rude, pushy or impatient towards you, just walk out and never look back as high chance they will rush through and screw up your tattoo.
Only visit Tattoo Studio with a good reputation or reviews.
Lastly is Skills. If you saw any samples of Tattoo Studios that are ugly never ever tattoo there as you may end up as another ugly sample of theirs.
(3) Don’t know what is a Good Tattoo. Most first-timers don’t know how a Good Tattoo should look like and thought that all tattoos are the same. They happily shown their first tattoo to their friends.
If you want a Good Tattoo you have to know how it should look like. Take a look at Tattoo Magazines to see and learn what is a Good Tattoo.
To avoid making the wrong decision in Tattoo Design.
- You must decide on your design before going to the Tattoo Shop / Studio.
- Don’t just choose a design that you like, choose a design that has meaning to you also.
- Never go on with another person advises. Choose only that design recommended by your heart.
- You should include your passion, emotions as well your skills in your tattoo design. Because if you include them you will have less chance of regretting your tattoo in the future. For instance, if you have passion about rock music then tattooing a electric guitar will work for you.